Thursday, April 29, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
I've been playing with Keegan these few weeks. As I observed, he understood things but because of his limited vocabulary, he finds hard to explain what he understands. Another thing is that he can remember a video that I've shown to him: exactly from beginning to the end with the sound effect some more!
Yesterday both of us were watching "The Lion King" together. I can understand the whole movie. I asked some questions to him, and he can answered. I asked him because he is more towards Chinese background. I was really impressed with the ability of a child.
I'm currently working on my thesis proposal on children. I am focusing on the importance of intergenerational worship to the children. So please pray for me. I thank God that I am seeing the progress daily. And also thank God for the lecturer who has guided me although we have some "bad blood" before. But, in order for the Lord to mold our character, He purposely put us into this condition and with this people.
I end this post with some sharing from George Barna on why Children are matter to God.
- Children are a gift from God. He grants children to adults as a special sign of His love to us and as a means of personal fulfillment (see Deut. 7:13; Ps. 127:3)
- Adults receive special blessings through their children. God provides supernatural benefits of many types to family and friends through children, and He matures us through the challenges of parenting (see Num. 5:28; Deut. 28:4, 11; Lam. 4:2)
- Children are desirable. From the beginning of human history, God has instructed us to have children. In fact, the intentional decision of a married couple not to have children is viewed as a bad choice (see Gen. 9:7; Deut. 6:3; Luke 1:24-25).
- Children need to be taught how to think and act in relation to God and His ways. One of the greatest adult challenges is passing on appropriate knowledge and behaviours to their progeny. We were created to be in relationship with Him, so our understanding of His nature and expectations is a significant undertaking (see Exo. 12:26,37; Deut. 4:9-10;6:1-7; 31:12-12: Ps. 78:4-6: Prov. 22:6).
- To have a fruitful relationship with God, children must be taught to obey Him. Obedience is one of the central duties of humankind. Throughout Scripture, God exhorts His people to be raised to follow His commands and reap the benefits of such obedience (see Prov. 8:32; 19:26; Jer. 2:30; 3:22; Eph.6:1; Col. 3:20).
- Children are so valuable to God that He commands us to protect them. Parents are supposed to ensure the spiritual and physical security of their children (see 1 Sam. 20:42; Ezra 8:21).
- God wants to have a genuine relationship with His children. Accordingly, He describes how children may enter His presence and enjoy His company (see Pss. 8:2; 34:11; 103:13; Mal. 2:15; Matt. 21:15; Mark 10:13-16).
- God loves children enough to ensure that they receive discipline. Regardless of the manner in which that shaping s provided, it is a reflection of His passion for a child’s well-being (see Prov. 3:11-12; 13:24; 19:18; 23:13; 29:15-17: Eph. 6:4).
- God enjoys the nature and personality of children. The Scriptures specifically identify attributes such as sincerity, humility, naivete, vulnerability and simplicity as qualities found in children, and He treasures these characteristics (see Matt. 18:3; 19:14; Phil. 2:15).
Monday, April 12, 2010
Yesterday, Bishop preached in FCC. I din't expect that. Why I say that I din't expect that is because firstly, we have a good chat. Really din't expect that..:D Secondly, God has used him to ministered to me and challenged me..Really din't expect that too..His life has been an inspiration to me. I am sad that many people have misunderstood him. I do not want to say why people can misunderstood him. I think only time and the future generation will know in the end why he is a great man..
As he shared yesterday that he memorized the psalms and one of it is Psalm 91, this morning I give myself a challenge to memorize it too. One verse comforts me and assures to me a lot. Psalm 91:4 - his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Only God who is faithful in our life. Only he is the one who never leaves us nor forsakes us. But many time we put our hope in the unfaithful one, things that will perish rather than imperishable and the faithful one. Many times, I seek my own way to solve my problems rather than relying on his faithfulness. But the Lord promises, his faithfulness will be our shield and rampart. Amen!
Great is Thy Faithfulness
Monday, April 5, 2010
This month marks our two years of courtship. I thank God for her because through this relationship, we are as iron sharpens iron. We grow together towards maturity. We tolerate with each other weakness and even style of handling problem. Guess what, we are still writing love letters to each other.:D
We have started our relationship in long distance (that time not really long, Labuan-KK), and now we are still in distance (this time really long, KK-KL!). Even though we are at distance, it is amazing how God sustains our relationship. A lot of sacrifices have been made. I will make every effort to go KK to spend time with her. Even though sometime we are caught up with works while I am in ASC, but in the midst of work we still able to spend our time.
Two years. All these are nothing but the grace of God in us. May the Lord continue to sustain us.
# 还我教会 Personal reflection on church. (Posted 1 year ago) Matthew13.58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of f...
John 10:14-16,26-27 14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-- 15 just as the Father knows me and I know ...
Luke 5:36-39 36 He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he w...
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." T...