Wednesday, January 20, 2010

They did not realize it

Today I am so blur that I thought our breakfast starts at 7am. Because I am on duty today for breakfast, so I woke up at 6am to go and prepare. I finished everything at 645am and waiting for my partner to come. Then suddenly I realize that breakfast at 730am!! Sigh..So, I don't want to waste time, I did my devotion there while waiting for the time to pass.

An interesting thought came to my mine as I read John 5, when Jesus healed the paralyzed man in Bethzatha (Bethsaida). Once this man was healed, he take up his pallet/mat and walk. The Jews then rebuked the guy, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat." As I read this verse, the thought came into my mind. Actually the Jews are working too. Well, I don't know who are these Jews. Probably they are the "someone else goes down ahead of me" when the guy wanted to go into the pool? or probably the Pharisees (this what actually came into my mind).

A lawyer works is to exercise the law when it is needed. So do the Pharisees. Their job is meditating the law and make sure that everyone is following it. When someone breaks the law, they will be on duty (WORK).

So when the Pharisees in the Gospel rebuke Jesus on healing in Sabbath, they did not realize that they too are 'working' while rebuking people.

Matt. 7:4-5
4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Isaac

No comments:

The Struggle Of A Priest-In-Charge And The Parishioners

The Struggle Of A Priest-In-Charge And The Parishioners Galatians 1:1  Paul, an apostle-- sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Chr...