Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What is left?

"I must admit that I often find myself desiring other things besides God: material goods, emotional strokes, human relationship, etc. Pausing to reflect, I realize that if I were to release things in my life, one by one, there would come that moment when I would have only God left to me. More importantly and more accurately, he would have me." - Fuller's student response to Psalms 73:25

Came across this verse as I read a book on simplicity. If we were to ask ourselves, what is the most important things in life, and when you try to release it one by one, would the last things in life gave you the satisfaction of life or would the last things in life is the things that can replace God.

Psalms 73 came across to me twice in a week. Particularly verse 25 and 26 that refresh my mind. "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire beside You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Reminds me a song from Don Moen, "God is the strength of my heart." Often we interpret this song when we tired in our lives as I did, but this student gave us another view and perspectives for this verses. Simplicity of life.

I think we have to remind ourselves that what we have now is temporarily, and is just a shell of our lives. I have tried to live as simple as I can, and it is very hard. Temptation surrounding is just too great. Advertisement keep on telling you that "use me! I'm the latest, best!"

I wonder what is my last things in life before God in my life. I think if God would be the first, there is not things as "last in our lives."

Isaac

No comments:

The Struggle Of A Priest-In-Charge And The Parishioners

The Struggle Of A Priest-In-Charge And The Parishioners Galatians 1:1  Paul, an apostle-- sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Chr...